6.07.2006

Day Fifty Eight - Deep in the Woods



One of the strangest things that happened to me while I was out of town took place deep in the woods.
I was walking in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I suddenly came upon a slight clearing where the air all around me seemed to freeze. There was nothing but silence, in the trees, no birds or even the swaying of trees. Even the breeze, which had been blowing before, had come to a standstill. The temperature had been in the 80's and all the sudden I was deathly cold.
Needless to say, I didn't want to hang around. I snapped a few photos and took off in the direction that I had come as fast as I could.
At the time I didn't see anything odd, but later when I developed the film this apparition appeared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! We live in the Blue Ridge, and that looks tremedously like Brave Uncle Ted! Maybe it was an ancestor of his trying to scout out rock quarries. Looks like his ancestor must've been in the Civil War. We'll have to go out walking to see if we can find this spot. If you could provide GPS coordinates and a GPS device, it would be a great help.