3.20.2006

Day Six - Work



So, as some of you might know I don't have a regular job. I work freelance in the film & video & photography . I haven't had a "real" job since I was in college. At that time I worked at a Ritz photo, and at the Media Center at MCaD, where I graduated. In my senior year I started working as an Electrician on the Disney smash film IRON WILL, and never looked back.


At this point I think that I'd rather sell everything that I have before taking a 9-5 job. As with everything, there is good as well as bad about my current situation. Lots of free time, no real boss, lots of interesting locations and people, and things like.. no regular paycheck, feast or famine months, and sometimes people with big attitudes. Overall I feel very lucky to work with so many interesting and talented people. A few years ago it hit me that most of the people that I run into on various jobs are all good people. The types of people that I generally like. Then I wondered if it isn't important where we work or at what job, but perhaps it is our relationships with those that we work with that is the reason that each of us are where we are. Then again, maybe not.

All that being said, the picture that I took at a milling museum in NH last year.

No comments: