4.17.2006

Day Twenty Seven - GraveYard Tales, The End


Here is the first known picture of me working on a feature. It is the summer of 1991, location is Gulfport, Mississippi.

So what happens next is that we raise that money with the help of on of Jeff's buddies, Eric Norberg. We decide to shoot it in Gulfport, because Jeff's wife, Sabrina, is from the area and someone has a connection to a rental house there, where the DP is willing to do it cheap.

It is a crazy summer. I begin as the make-up F/X guy and as things progressed I also become a grip, a casting agent, and finally towards the
end, an associate producer.

As often happens on projects like this one, we run over budget and behind schedule. We were supposed to be finished in time for me to head to college, but that was not the case. To the objections of the director I packed it up and left the project incomplete.

I felt that I gave much of myself to GraveYard Tales, but I learned a lot as well. Jeff and I didn't talk much after that, I was busy with school and he with finishing up the project. To tell you the truth, I don't know if it was ever finished, or what became of the movie, or Jeff. As is the case with many of my lost friends, his name is a common one, which makes it hard to track him down. I do wonder from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This first known photo was taken by none other than, me. I have very fond and not so fond memories of this adventure we took. Driving through the night - through states I'd never been... for an experience I had no idea what to expect from. Getting to know a good friend more, getting Barq's Root Beer free, good subways and the friendly guy who made them... and then there were Cockroaches, keeping our dishes in a cooler, money or little of it, our last jar of spaghetti sauce falling on the floor and breaking.... who could have asked for more? Truthfully, it was a good experience and fun to look back on. Thanks!
Rebecca