5.11.2006

Day Forty Four - Hand History



My finger was cut, the knife slipped from attempting to pry off a piece of toast from the bread loft that lived in the freezer when not in use.

I stabbed myself with a pencil, right in the center of my palm. The teacher was out of the room, and all of us kids went crazy. I thought the lead side was pointing down, but I was wrong.

Many sprain-like feelings in most fingers from playing basketball and other sports.

One fingernail came off after I hit it square with a hammer. Before the nail left me, blood gathered under the nail, making it dark red for a few weeks.

Big blister on right palm from gardening with a spade that had a rough end of the handle.

Perhaps the worst of all. I was feeding my cats and had lid had not been entirely cut by the can-opener. I grabbed the sharp, jagged edges of the top and started twisting it side to side in order to break it off. I guess that I pulled up a little too hard because my middle finger of my right hand slipped upwards, cutting a very deep slash along the entire width. It still bothers me from time to time when I touch certain surfaces. It feels very uncomfortable like the way your teeth feel when you hear finger-nails on a blackboard.

1 comment:

Brian said...

What about all the good things that have happened to your hands?