5.17.2006

Day Forty Nine - Cars, Pt.2


So I ran Dolly (1969 VW Squareback) into the ground during high school. It went back in to my Grandmothers garage until my friend Shawn needed a car while he was in the service. Another friend of mine, Brian, had an Opel Manta at the time. I liked it. It was low, sporty, and you didn't see them very often. I found one in the paper and bought it shortly after.

Mine was 1974 forest green with a black hood. It was a fun little car while it lasted. Something was slowly going wrong with it so I took it to a garage. They told me that the firewall was rusting out and it wasn't worth fixing. I gave it to my friend William and in return he was suppose to give me some $ when-ever he got some. Well, he never gave me a dime and said that he crashed it into a tree out in the country somewhere when a deer surprised him.

I really wanted an Opel GT, and almost bought one from a place that restored them in Vermont. Wow, those are sexy cars, I still want one! They called them the Mini-corvette for obvious reasons.
I'll look for a photo of my Opel and post it if I can find one.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I wish I had my Opel Manta back. With the MoMo steering wheel and that Opel smell. Some cars should never be sold. Ah the good old days. Good luck on getting that GT!